Anti-Inflammatory Indian-Spice Oats. Tridoshic
Combination of turmeric, gut-healthy oats, and the protein-rich tahini and seeds to keep you sated, with a comforting spice mix reminiscent of Indian rice pudding. Ayurvedically, the ingredients are appropriate for all doshas.
- 3/4 cup cooked oats. I make up a big batch of steel-cut oats to use through the week
- vegan or regular milk to taste
- 3/4 TB tahini
- Sprinkle of raw pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- 1 TB dried raisins (optional)
- 1/4 TB Turmeric
- dash cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
- a turn of fresh ground pepper (helps turmeric absorb)
- drizzle honey
- If the oatmeal was made ahead of time, go ahead and warm it up with the milk. If it's summer time, I prefer to omit warming it up, and just mix it well with the milk so it doesn't stick together.
- Combine everything.