Crunchy Vegan Broccoli Salad
Crisp, sweet, salty, savory, gaaahhh! I'm obsessed.
Broccoli salad is a picnic staple but usually heavy on the mayo and bacon. So basically you might as well have a side of chips with your 'mater sandwich. Do it this way instead and you won't need to take a nap immediately post-lunch!
-16 oz fresh, raw broccoli florets (it's one of the few times I'll buy the fresh florets already cut)
- 1/4 C raw sunflower nuts
- 1/4 C raisins
- 3 spring onions cut
- 2 TB tahini
- 1 lime squeezed
- 1 TB garlic powder (umame umph!)
- 2 tsp amino (or to taste)
- sprinkle of red pepper (optional)
- mix the dressing ingredients together in the base of the bowl
- add water until you find a consistency you think will do
- add other ingredients and toss well